Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fitness/Weightloss 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
    I've honestly come to the conclusion that having a splurge night occasionally is helpful because it tricks my metabolism into thinking that there isn't some sort of famine going on.
    Same here. I still have to be careful about my splurge choices because the side effects aren't worth it :/. Ice cream is my drug of choice this summer...like the homemade mint chocolate twist that the local place is serving up this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
      As of this morning, I've lost 5 lbs. It's gotten a little easier since I've started taking thyroid medicine, but I really need to start making better food decisions.
      Nice! Congrats!

Comment

• I tried on my slacks tonight and all but one pair fit! At least one pair will need some slight alterations to take in the waist!

I want to cry I am so damn happy!
        Kris

Comment

I tried on my slacks tonight and all but one pair fit! At least one pair will need some slight alterations to take in the waist!

Yay!!!
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I tried on my slacks tonight and all but one pair fit! At least one pair will need some slight alterations to take in the waist!

Amazing! Way to go!

Comment

• Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
              As of this morning, I've lost 5 lbs. It's gotten a little easier since I've started taking thyroid medicine, but I really need to start making better food decisions.
              Congrats! That is wonderful!
              Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
              "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Good for YOU!!! I know that feels so kick ass you just want to run down the street screaming MY PANTS FIT!!

ETA: I joined 'expensive gym' today and I start next Monday. It was so pretty and clean I couldn't stop myself! They had everything I need. I have a friend that had WL surgery last fall. I was smaller than her when she started. Now she's tiny. It was so depressing to see that.
                Last edited by moonlight; 07-10-2013, 10:48 PM.
                Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

• Had a couple months of backtracking with sporadic being good. But I think I'm hopefully back on track.

This week, I've started waking up early and doing podcast yoga outside on my own since I'm working crazy hours (12hrs a day Monday - Friday and 7hrs on Saturdays). I'm so much more motivated when I can do it outside.

Down to 170 (which I have been for about 3 months) -- hoping to rev up my workouts and make better eating choices and start losing again!

Comment

• I took a month off from a healthy diet. I managed to keep the exercise to 3 times a week - but that's significantly less than my normal 6 times a week. (I need a serious amount of exercise. I'm part border collie.) I've tried to start eating healthy again this week. So far, so good. I've done several things that I probably shouldn't eat - but hey - at least I'm aware that they are no no's this week.

The good news is I weighed myself yesterday and apparently my month off resulted in -1 pound. So much better news than I expected from my scale. Maybe I'm actually learning habits I can maintain life long.

Let's all jump back on the wagon together. It's so much easier with support. I have worked out 3x so far this week but skipped this morning. I may go later. So far, no cookies consumed today. It's the little things.....
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• Ok, here we go again, trying to get in shape. Hiking Thursday, tennis Friday and Saturday, running Sunday and Monday, a long walk on Sunday too. Took two days off because of working late and monsoon-level rain. GORGEOUS weather today, so I need to run since DH probably won't get home early enough to play tennis. I keep wanting to join a yoga studio but I have a stupid f**ing plantar wart that I'm treating (thanks to yoga classes at my last gym...) so I need to wait til that's gone for everyone's sake. Doing pretty well with fitness since the move though, it really helps to have a giant park and tennis courts practically next door!
                      Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

• Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
                        I keep wanting to join a yoga studio but I have a stupid f**ing plantar wart that I'm treating (thanks to yoga classes at my last gym...) so I need to wait til that's gone for everyone's sake.
                        Just get yoga socks until it clears up!

Comment

• That's what I thought too! Addicts, we are. Yoga toes.....
                          Angie
                          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post
                            Just get yoga socks until it clears up!
                            You know, I have never tried those before. You promise I won't look like a weirdo?

2-mile run over lunch today.
                            Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

• Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
                              You know, I have never tried those before. You promise I won't look like a weirdo?

2-mile run over lunch today.
                              No promises! Only kidding!

I see ppl wear them all the time to keep them warm and/or avoid athletes foot!

Comment

• Yes -- there are always a few people in classes that have them. It's not weird. Rare - but it's something you see.
                                Angie

Comment

Working...
                                X