Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fitness/Weightloss 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm finally back to running, slowly but I'm getting there. I need to find a race to goal for or I won't stick with it.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

• I need to find a place with an indoor track to run in. Even DH can run in this heat.
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

• Originally posted by v-girl View Post
        I need to find a place with an indoor track to run in. Even DH can run in this heat.
        I never could understand why those are not more prevalent in DFW. It's just not safe to be outside for workouts.
        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

• Our rec center has one but it is not big and is over the bball court (loud teens).
          Veronica

Comment

I need to find a place with an indoor track to run in. Even DH can run in this heat.
            Is it generally humid there too? We've had a lot of hot & humid days recently...can hardly breathe when the air feels that thick. Ugh.

Today I passed a sign for a new CrossFit gym opening up 10 minutes from the house. I am SO FRICKING EXCITED!!!! I'm hoping to start Monday. The next closest takes a half hour to get there travelling almost exclusively on 30 mph roads with what feels like a hundred stop lights. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Comment

• Not as dry as Arizona, not as humid as Houston or Florida. It swpends
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• I have two Cross Fit places outside my neighborhood. One is in a shopping center with a froyo place, another with a Domino's and a donut shop. hehe!

I think we'll do the rec center. It's less than $100/person/year and is the only place with an indoor track.
                Veronica

Comment

I have two Cross Fit places outside my neighborhood. One is in a shopping center with a froyo place, another with a Domino's and a donut shop. hehe!

I think we'll do the rec center. It's less than $100/person/year and is the only place with an indoor track.
                  Sounds like a fantastic plan!
                  Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                  "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

• I unintentially cut out processed food and white sugar from my diet
                    (I've been cooking at home and eating lots of fruit in lieu of low calorie snacks/granola bars/dessert).

After a week or two of doing it by accident, I'm doing it on purpose. Not only do I feel better...all of my junk food cravings are gone...

This is amazing. Now I finally get why ppl cut out sugar (though I definitely still eat fruit yogurt which has sugar in it...)

Need to up my veggie intake though.

Comment

• I have really not done much of anything for a while but want to get back to exercising. I also want to cut out sugar and wheat. I just get confused with the while gluten/wheat deal. I don't want to avoid gluten as in consuming overly processed high sugar breads...

Comment

• Half-assed tennis on Saturday and Sunday, walk on Sunday. Nothing yesterday, the temp was brutal. Should run today.
                        Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

• The temps have been hovering around 90-95, which makes running in the evening a no go for me.

I'm still biking almost everywhere instead of driving, but I don't really count that on my exercise totals for the day.
                          Kris

Comment

• I quit Diet Coke again. And the headaches are back...at least I know I can do it this time. And it's a group thing...one coworker is quitting Diet Pepsi and one is quitting smoking....so I'm not alone and have support.

I need to sweat though. Skipping a workout gets to me. Good thing I'm going tomorrow.
                            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

• Super short run after work today, but it was the good kind that left me wanting more! Gotta get back out there tomorrow. Btw, now that I'm running outside in the city I was thinking it would be nice to get an armband or pouch so I can carry my phone in case of emergencies. Any recs? I have a monster huge phone...
                              Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post
                                I unintentially cut out processed food and white sugar from my diet
                                (I've been cooking at home and eating lots of fruit in lieu of low calorie snacks/granola bars/dessert).

After a week or two of doing it by accident, I'm doing it on purpose. Not only do I feel better...all of my junk food cravings are gone...

This is amazing. Now I finally get why ppl cut out sugar (though I definitely still eat fruit yogurt which has sugar in it...)

Need to up my veggie intake though.
                                I'd like to know your secret to doing that unintentionally! I had to white knuckle my way through that first bit. Re: veggies, pinterest is your friend for finding lots of good recipes! My newest love is butternut squash, even though it's a colossal pain in the ass to peel and cut. (tips, anyone??)

Comment

Working...
                                X