Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fitness/Weightloss 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BonBon View Post
    I'd like to know your secret to doing that unintentionally! I had to white knuckle my way through that first bit. Re: veggies, pinterest is your friend for finding lots of good recipes! My newest love is butternut squash, even though it's a colossal pain in the ass to peel and cut. (tips, anyone??)
    Honestly, working a ton of hours and only having time to run by a fruit stand on the way to work and throw meals in my bag for lunch and dinner that DH had already made...

I'll check out Pinterest for some good recipes...butternut squash is one of my fav (I have a killer Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese recipe if you're interested). The easiest/fastest way for me is to peel using a potato peeler. Still takes time, but it's faster!

Comment

• I've been kidding myself. I know that my clothes aren't fitting great. I haven't been exercising regularly since Spring Break. A trip to the dr. on Friday for poison ivy clued me into my weight which I have avoided knowing for years. I started my Beachbody workout over along with a 3 day cleanse and using My Fitness Pal. I hope to jumpstart some weight loss. I would love to lose 20 to 25 lbs.
      Needs

Comment

• Finally started using my fitbit again. DH upgraded me to a flex so no excuses. Signed up for and paid for a half marathon in October. It's officially on my before a baby bucket list. My fitness pal up and ready to go again...here I go.. New Years resolution in July! I'd like to loose 20 - 25 to get my BMI under control!
        sigpic
        buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

• Back on LoseIt again. I can not be trusted off it. :/. The monthly hormonal flux didn't help my eating either though....
          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

• Right there with you Michele. *sigh*

So tired of logging food but I'm so good at "forgetting" I've eaten otherwise.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

My newest love is butternut squash, even though it's a colossal pain in the ass to peel and cut. (tips, anyone??)
              I have a Swiss peeler that works better than anything else I've tried. It looks like this, but I believe mine's not stainless steel: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000UT69MY. I see them at fairs where they have booths set up for demos, so if you go to the state fair this fall, look for them. I used it for all my baby food, and its still working like new. DH put it in the dishwasher once, and it got discolored, but it stayed sharp.
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

• Run Saturday, tennis Sunday. I'm definitely not losing any lbs, but I feel a bit stronger in the last couple weeks.
                Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

• Yes - I second the swiss peeler. We've had one for 25 years. Plastic and still going strong.

I don't know if this is encouraging or not, but I started dieting in earnest mid January. I've been going to work out at least 3 times a week for almost 2.5 years now. I've lost a little over 20 lbs.

Only now, in JULY after I've started slipping back in to eating unhealthy things now and then am I finally getting comments from people about my weight. It's encouraging, but DAMN. I needed to hear that more at 2 mos in to this than I do at 6 mos in. At least it's encouraging me to keep it up at this point. I would like to lose about 15-20 more lbs. That would put me back to post/pre college weight. (I had an eating disorder in college - so I'm never seeing that weight again, which is probably a good thing.)
                  Angie
                  Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                  Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• Was DH's bday yesterday, so I was bad (Mexican Eggs Benedict, ridiculously rich chocolate malt cake and BBQ for dinner (plus a couple fingerfuls of fudge as I was cleaning up/freezing the rest of DH's cake to take into coworkers (better them than me))).

However, I was pleasantly surprised to step on the scale today: 164.6!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post
                      (I have a killer Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese recipe if you're interested). The easiest/fastest way for me is to peel using a potato peeler. Still takes time, but it's faster!
                      Yes, please on the recipe! I used a potato peeler too...I felt like I was wrestling that thing into submission! Maybe I had an exceptionally tough-skinned one. I wish it wasn't so delicious!! I made a bison chili with a ton of veggies and topped with roasted butternut. SO yummy. I think I'm going to try the swiss peeler.

After tracking my calories for several months and eating 900-1300 cals a day 95% of the time and NOT LOSING A THING, I am going to finally follow spotty's advice and say "f*ck calories." Ridiculous. I finally stopped being a baby with the weights and being afraid for my knees and have started lifting heavy. (admittedly, not very heavy at this point...) The plan is to scarf food (real food, of course) to feed my muscles. I'm okay with being heftier but I miss being strong. :-/

Michele, should we have a food logging challenge again? I found that super helpful. I haven't been on LoseIt in a while. (my scale sends my weight for me!)

Comment

• With the exception of the last week or so, I have been eating pretty well, but I am so flipping tired of eating nothing but raw foods (fruits and veggies). I crave a good hunk of steak loaded with grease. I am probably not getting enough protein, but if I eat any, then I gain weight again. I hate this.
                        Kris

Comment

• Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                          With the exception of the last week or so, I have been eating pretty well, but I am so flipping tired of eating nothing but raw foods (fruits and veggies). I crave a good hunk of steak loaded with grease. I am probably not getting enough protein, but if I eat any, then I gain weight again. I hate this.
                          Eat the steak! And try fucking the calories with me.

Comment

Eat the steak! And try fucking the calories with me.
                            Ahem. Typo, perchance? Although, fucking the calories IS probably the best.

Comment

• LOL, it's the title of an ebook SpottyDog posted. http://www.stumptuous.com/fuck-calories

Comment

• I'll set up another food log challenge AFTER the conference. . I'm not logging in Dallas!!!!
                                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                                X