Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Accountability group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried the brisk walk wearing R and pushing C and D. The girls were so naughty that I had to stop 100x. They're used to the stroller in the morning when they're half asleep. They were too awake in the afternoon and it wasn't good.
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• Aw, man.
      Alison

Comment

• Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
        I tried the brisk walk wearing R and pushing C and D. The girls were so naughty that I had to stop 100x. They're used to the stroller in the morning when they're half asleep. They were too awake in the afternoon and it wasn't good.
        Some days my boys won't stop kicking/poking/annoying each other in the stroller and it is SO ANNOYING. I don't have a solution or anything, but I feel your pain!

Comment

• Yeah I wanted to scream. Seriously kiddos, it's for your own good that I exercise...otherwise I'll be crazier than I already am.
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• Ugh, I was brainstorming ideas for you during my run but the logistics with three are so challenging. It reminds me of that logic puzzle with the farmer crossing the river with the dog and the hens and the seed…

Does C have a tricycle or balance bike? I was thinking if she can do her own thing and roll ahead of you on some kind of a flattish trail, maybe D can be content enough for 30 minutes in a single stroller with the baby on your back, or in the double with the baby? There would still be a lot of stops and starts to deal with the tiny biker, but it would be more continuous movement overall?
            Alison

Comment

• This may be a dumb suggestion since you might be moving soon, but thoughts on a treadmill? A girlfriend of mine has 2 kids, MS2 husband, and is an NP. It's the only way she gets guaranteed run time in. Sucks to be on a TM so much, but could be a fix... Maybe but used and sell later?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                Ugh, I was brainstorming ideas for you during my run but the logistics with three are so challenging. It reminds me of that logic puzzle with the farmer crossing the river with the dog and the hens and the seed…

Does C have a tricycle or balance bike? I was thinking if she can do her own thing and roll ahead of you on some kind of a flattish trail, maybe D can be content enough for 30 minutes in a single stroller with the baby on your back, or in the double with the baby? There would still be a lot of stops and starts to deal with the tiny biker, but it would be more continuous movement overall?
                This would be me go to except we live in a super hilly neighborhood. I just don't think I could stop her from careening into the street and our paths aren't wide enough to force her to ride next to the double stroller. There are flatter paths within driving distance but if I can't go out the door to do it, it makes it highly unlikely that it'll happen.

Re: treadmill. Besides hating them, I have nowhere to put one that won't be directly in the path of a child (D) who will inevitably try to kill herself.

I think I need to commit to getting up in the AMs and just going with R strapped to me. That's when the girls are used to it and will be less annoying. It's annoying I can't run but it'll have to suffice until I can use the triple stroller.

On a bright note, two things:
                -Dh and I did a morning run this AM with our BOB flotilla (me with D in the single, him with C and R in the double). I feel so slow and out of shape (mostly from not sleeping I think) but good to get out there and RUN
                -I definitely feel HUNGRY now from time to time meaning I'm actually occasionally burning more than I consume which is good for weight loss. I need to get down at least 5 lbs from last Mondays weigh in before 6/4 to fit into a dress for a graduation event and I'm already 2 lbs down.

Comment

• New PR in brooklyn half! Didn't break 2 hours like I wanted to, but came pretty close, and it felt really good!
                  Grace

Comment

• You did amazing, I was going to come over here and poke you to share if you didn't! You rock!!
                    Alison

Comment

• Originally posted by gcuthbe1 View Post
                      New PR in brooklyn half! Didn't break 2 hours like I wanted to, but came pretty close, and it felt really good!
                      Awesome, that's a big win! How much did you PR by?

Comment

• Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                        You did amazing, I was going to come over here and poke you to share if you didn't! You rock!!
                        Haha thanks girl!
                        T&S I PR'd by 3+ minutes, which I was surprised by because it was humid and I didn't train nearly as much as last year. I think the key was training with my fast brother (he got 1:35).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                        Grace

Comment

• Another 3 miles! 34:14, *BUT* I did it outside in a really hilly area and only stopped for traffic lights! Otherwise, no walking! Woop!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Haha thanks girl!
                            T&S I PR'd by 3+ minutes, which I was surprised by because it was humid and I didn't train nearly as much as last year. I think the key was training with my fast brother (he got 1:35).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                            Wow, great! That's a big jump!

Comment

• Whoo R&D!

I started my 12-week half-marathon training today. O_o I decided to go with the Hal Higdon Intermediate one. I might switch up the speedwork days a little bit, and I might need to get more total mileage starting out, but we'll see. Anyway, today was a cross training day, and it turned out to be perfect for DH to take a short/slow ride with me instead of a longer one alone, so it worked out nicely. Tomorrow is 3 miles easy, I will have to squeeze it in after the first grade field trip!
                              Alison

Comment

New PR in brooklyn half! Didn't break 2 hours like I wanted to, but came pretty close, and it felt really good!
                                That's awesome!! Great job!
                                Laurie
                                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                                X