Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Downton Abbey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thank you! I'll be back in January! Hehe
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

• Mr Bates totally knows that ahole did it and he's going down!!
      Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
      "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

• Indeed!
        PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

• I know. I was dying at the end of last night's episode. Crazy!!!!!!! I'm nervous!

Comment

• So can we talk about how annoying Rose is now?
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Yeah, she can go away any time now. The immaturity grates on my nerves.

Comment

• I wonder how Bates will get his revenge and if he'll get away with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Rose doesn't bother me as much as some real life teenagers do.

As for the mystery of Mr. Green's future I always thought a nice Clue game style plot for that episode. Like Ms. O'Brian in the bathroom with her ladyship's soap. Of course in the mystery novels it's always the butler that does it. Unless it's written like an Agatha Christie novel where everyone is involved with some portion of the crime.
                  PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

• I'm wondering if we are going to learn that our beloved Mr Bates is a vigilante serial murderer in season 5. What a scandal that would be.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

• I'm wondering if we are going to learn that our beloved Mr Bates is a vigilante serial murderer in season 5. What a scandal that would be.
                      I hope not. The show is too close to jumping the shark already!
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• I like the Clue idea, Cinderella! I think they might have been framing that already -- with Mary, Mrs. Hughes and Bates all knowing about it. All of them seem angry enough to take him out in the right circumstances and I think all of them are capable of it for different reasons. I was concerned for him when Mrs. Hughes was telling him off because of the clubs that were hanging behind her. Thought she might just lose it and whack him. Of course, Mary doesn't know yet that he's the perp, but once she does, I don't like his chances with her, either.

I think they could write a nice episode with him turning up dead and the question being.....how??

Angie
                        Angie
                        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• That would be so good! I can't wait!

Comment

• Boom Angie! So, do you think Bates killed his previous wife?
                            Kris

Comment

• I vote that Bates didn't kill his first wife, but turned murder-capable in his time in prison.

Last season Rose was annoying, but this season I feel sympathetic to her. To be her age and her personality and shut up in the country with Edith and Mary as your closest companions? Bleh, even a bookish teenager would need more social opportunities than that.

I hadn't even thought of Mary being the one to take out Rapey McRaperson . . . or even Anna herself, beating Bates to the punch to protect him from himself. Knowing this show, he'll probably just conveniently trip and break his neck on the stairs.
                              Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                              Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                              Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

• I have to say, I really like that Mary is not quite so vapid this season. Not pairing up with any of the suitors is smart and completely not what she would have done 2 seasons ago. Although, aside from Gillingham (sp?), I can't remember which of the other two is gentry and which isn't.

So, do you think Tom will end up with the school teacher?
                                Kris

Comment

Working...
                                X