Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Downton Abbey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of course it was. Over the top though and not well executed. But funny nonetheless.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsK View Post
      http://themoderatevoice.com/179880/e...f-in-season-4/

Entire Cast of Downton Abbey killed off in Season 4!
      "It's like our thing"

Lol, too funny.
      Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

• http://edithwithgooglyeyes.tumblr.com/
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• :ROFL:

Oh poor Edith.
          Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

• When does the next season start in the States? It seems like ages. I read the 4th season will likely be the last or the 5th. They don't plan on keeping it going much longer and more beloved characters are looking at leaving so they'd like to wrap it up nicely.
            PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

• I think it's September in the UK so probably December here. I haven't heard about it ending yet anyway (guy who plays Branson is my cousin ). I think they'll see how season 4 goes. It's expensive to make and filming takes forever so it all depends on what the ratings are like.
              Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
              Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsC View Post
                guy who plays Branson is my cousin
                That's awesome!!
                Laurie
                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

• Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
                  That's awesome!!
                  Yeah, color me star-struck. He is marvelous.
                  Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Yeah, color me star-struck. He is marvelous.
                    Seriously! I love Branson!! That's very cool MrsC.

Comment

He is marvelous.
                      He is. He has worked so hard to get where he is. Such a nice, down-to-earth guy. Julian Fellows pretty much wrote the part for him, they hadn't planned on having an Irish character in it until he auditioned! No-one can quite believe how successful the show has been.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsC View Post
                        He is. He has worked so hard to get where he is. Such a nice, down-to-earth guy. Julian Fellows pretty much wrote the part for him, they hadn't planned on having an Irish character in it until he auditioned! No-one can quite believe how successful the show has been.
                        I really love how his character has grown and matured over the seasons. I wasn't originally a fan of the character, but he has become one of my favorites as he learns to tread the weird area between his roots and his current position. It's interesting to watch.

Comment

• MrsC - that's awesome! I agree with DD - I've really grown to love his character. You must be so proud of him
                          Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

• He's one of my favorite characters!

And he didn't leave the show, causing a 3 year love story arc to crash and burn in the most horrific way. *ahem*
                            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                              I really love how his character has grown and matured over the seasons. I wasn't originally a fan of the character, but he has become one of my favorites as he learns to tread the weird area between his roots and his current position. It's interesting to watch.
                              Absolutely! I was a bit dubious at first about where they would go with the character - it was a very difficult time in Irish history and is still a sensitive subject - but they did a great job of highlighting the disconnect between upper classes in the UK and what was going on. I also like how he hasn't just blended into the family, it's far more realistic that it would be a huge struggle for him. We are very proud and happy for him.

ST - Yes, I would like to think he'd have more loyalty than others to the show that launched his career.
                              Last edited by MrsC; 08-12-2013, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Oh wow that's awesome! He's one of the main male leads in the show now.
                                PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
                                X