Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

iMSN "Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back when DH first started clinicals and we had moved to Connecticut and I found this wonderful site. I had just moved from a short stay at home and before that we lived in the Caribbean for two years as DH attended med school. Although I didn’t care for my time on the island it did have built in friendships. Living in Connecticut was especially lonely for me. When I’m stressed insomnia tends to worsen and I was up well past midnight when I joined. I couldn’t think of a username… I looked out the living room window and saw the bright moonlight… it was the same moonlight I often stared at on those lonely nights during the 3rd year of med school. Somehow it seemed fitting that I give myself the name moonlight.
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Originally posted by Jane View Post
      Were you on before?

Yes, we had both an American wedding and an Indian wedding, but I was married long before I joined the site, so I may have mentioned it in passing, but it wasn't an "event" or anything.
      Briefly a year ago. I believe it was mentioned in passing. I just remembered because that's the type of thing I remember as someone fascinated by Indian culture.

At least two of my good friends from Indiana will have Indian weddings. One is pseudo-engaged to her Indian boyfriend of 6+ years (meaning, he proposed when she was still in undergrad and she said "not yet"... she's an MS4 now and kinda ready). The other is Indian and has promised me a spot in her bridal party. Now we just need to find her a husband!
      Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

Don't let Jenn's (Jane) MIL know about your friend or she'll totally play matchmaker.

Jenn

Comment

Bokelley. First name initial and last name. I know it is so original. LOL
          Brandi
          Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Now I am going to have to read through the thread and see what everyone's names mean.
            I just got in touch with Kris and she is actually going to change my screen name for me - I don't think I should have my first name and last name initial as my name on here.
            Anyway - she is changing it to kissmycheek And I am using that because it's my favorite place that S kisses me... pathetic... I know! lol

(S is indian and I am white and we have talked about what we would do if we got married - we have decided an indian and a traditional "white" wedding would be part of the plan. Just not sure how we would pull it all off!)

Comment

I've always had a hard time coming up with creative screen names. Hence the boring-ness of mine... J and C are the first letters of my first and middle names, and 76 is my birth year. Realized after the fact that should have made it JO76 instead since I ended up putting Jo in my signature line. I admire the creativity of some of the ladies here!
              Attorney, wife to EM attending, mom to two girls (ages 5 and 2)

Comment

Vishenka69 has been my username for email since college. Picked it when I was 18. I wanted something that didn't have ties to my real name or anything about me.

Vishenka means cherry in Russian and 69 was an easy number to remember.

Comment

I have always wanted to start this very post but for some reason never have.....

Some of you are way more creative than I am! My username is the name of a village and also a girls name in the region that I grew up in (Cornwall, England).

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles View Post
                    I chose my favorite Arabic condiment: pickled turnips. They turn bright pink/fuchsia because a cut beat soaks w/them in the brine.
                    I started out as Suzybelle.

Holy crap! I guess a name change maybe in order...I just found pink pickle on Uraban dictionary...slang for penis!

Fess up...who knew about this and didn't mentioned it!!!??? LOL
                    I hate to admit it but I've always wondered about this. . .
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by McPants View Post
                      My name is boringly unrelated to my real name or personality/hobbies/etc. I think I was just sitting there trying to think of a login name and that was the one I settled for. I figure I was probably trying to go for something nonsensical and vaguely amusing.
                      Oh, I thought it might mean that you wear a lot of boring, unremarkable, poorly tailored pants...like it was some kind of quirky thing about you.

Don't know about in Europe, but in the States, when you put the prefix "Mc" (or "Mac") in front of a word, it can mean sort of a "cheap" version, usually used paradoxically. It comes from MacDonald's Restaurants, which serve crappy fast food--poor quality but mass produced and inexpensive. Commonly, you'll hear people refer to suburbs full of "MacMansions"--HUGE homes that look vaguely like mansions but lack the substantive architectural creativity or detail to be artistically important.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                        Oh, I thought it might mean that you wear a lot of boring, unremarkable, poorly tailored pants...like it was some kind of quirky thing about you.

Don't know about in Europe, but in the States, when you put the prefix "Mc" (or "Mac") in front of a word, it can mean sort of a "cheap" version, usually used paradoxically. It comes from MacDonald's Restaurants, which serve crappy fast food--poor quality but mass produced and inexpensive. Commonly, you'll hear people refer to suburbs full of "MacMansions"--HUGE homes that look vaguely like mansions but lack the substantive architectural creativity or detail to be artistically important.
                        No no, I am quite interested in brands and fashion and my considerable level of vanity would immediately veto any wearing of sub-standard and/or boring trousers.

I'm familiar with the "Mc"-prefix. It's used over here too, however I suppose to a somewhat lesser extent. I wasn't thinking of it when I came up with the name though.

Comment

Funny, I'd assumed the "Mc" was a reference to Grey's Ananomy. As in "McDreamy," "McSteamy," and "McPants." I figured you were keeping company with the other hunks.
                          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

"beware the ides of march!!" has always stuck with me so I choose Ides.
                            Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
                              I used to be "goofy" before the great name change event. I think that was more appropriate. I am goofy. When we changed names, my daughter was in the play Arabian Nights. I thought the character of Sheherezade was a great role model -someone that could avoid getting her head chopped off through cleverness and imagination. I'd like to be Sheherezade. (So far the name hasn't made me any more clever or imaginative than I was as goofy. *sigh* Still waiting!)

Since then, I've found that the name is rarely taken on websites so I don't have to remember too many user names when I bop around the web. Apparently, there are a lot more "goofy" people out there than "Sheherezades".
                              I am a big classical music buff and think of the piece that Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov composed based on The Book of One Hundred and One Nights every time I see your name.
                              Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post

I'm just happy there are no Twilight names on here...*FutureMrsCullen*

GAG ME!
                                Oh come on! I was going to ask that my name be changed to Renesmee or LuvEd4evah or TeamEdward.
                                Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                                X