Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

iMSN "Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lirio means lily in Portuguese. My favorite flower. I'm trying to learn Portuguese because it's DH's first language. I'm bad at thinking of names.
    Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
    DCJenn-

I still haven't changed my cell phone from the DC area code, either.

Jenn
    Me either, I'm still 301. People look confused when I give them my number. And also when they tell me a number and I'm like "um... what's the area code here?"
    Last edited by lirio; 09-16-2009, 07:36 PM.
    Wife to Anesthesia PGY4

Comment

Originally posted by Amiens View Post
      Oh come on! I was going to ask that my name be changed to Renesmee .
      Is that not the biggest mouthful of a name EVER? Man, I'd just change my name to Sparkly Vampire and call it a day.

Comment

So I think my username used to me cricketnmatt, but I decided to leave my nickname and dh's name out of the online mix. During the Great Change I changed it to Amiens (Ah-me-ahn), it is a town in Northern France in the Picardie Region. I spent 3 weeks there while dh did his surgery rotation at the "baptism by fire" county hospital in Denver. It was his first rotation of 3rd year, and I figured it would be good for me to do a study abroad. My other option that I sometimes think I should have done was gasdocwife.
        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Originally posted by lirio View Post
          People look confused when I give them my number. And also when they tell me a number and I'm like "um... what's the area code here?"

Heh. Same here. Our cell numbers are from two moves ago and I still can never figure out what's long distance for our area and what isn't because I don't know the area codes. Hell, we were in Phoenix for 4 years and I was just beginning to figure it out.

Comment

My former screen name was related to my very common name. When we changed I chose Phoebe, the younger sibling of Holden Caufield from the Catcher in the Rye. JD Salinger was one of my favorite authors in high school.
            Last edited by Phoebe; 09-16-2009, 09:49 PM.
            Needs

Comment

Love reading everyone's stories about their "names"!

I chose my name, which is not even close to my real first name, for three reasons:
              1. Scarlet is the color of my hair.
              2. Scarlet is the main color of my alma mater.
              3. I like Scarlett O'Hara!

And 09 is when DF graduated from med school.

I'm surprised there aren't more ER or Grey's Anatomy-type names here.
              Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Niener is one of my nicknames. "nie" is the last syllable in my name and for whatever reason one of my friends started calling me that one night (I think she might have been a little drunk and just thought it sounded funny - she started singing it like an ambulance siren "Nieeeeee-neeeeer-nieeeeee-neeeeer-nieeeee-neeeeeer") and well it just kinda stuck .
                Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                  Don't let Jenn's (Jane) MIL know about your friend or she'll totally play matchmaker.

Jenn
                  haha, matchmaking welcome (to an extent). She's Gujarati from a nice family and works in investment banking in NYC... Must be smart, cute and not weird.

If anyone wants their Indian wedding photos to be gushed over, I'm your girl.
                  Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

Re: iMSN "Names

Originally posted by Jane
                    Is that not the biggest mouthful of a name EVER? Man, I'd just change my name to Sparkly Vampire and call it a day.
                    I am laying in bed giggling. Ant maybe quietly chanting. Do it. Do it do it.

Comment

Re: iMSN "Names

Originally posted by Jane
                      Do it!!

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                        I always loved the name Lily, so I picked that...
                        Me too, I may name my future daughter Lilia.
                        Wife to Anesthesia PGY4

Comment

Sometimes I go by Austen because I adore Jane Austen's work!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCHoosier View Post
                            haha, matchmaking welcome (to an extent). She's Gujarati from a nice family and works in investment banking in NYC... Must be smart, cute and not weird.
                            If she's Guju and not opposed to being set up on a date, her parents really ought to be able to hook her up. There is an entire network for such things, parents fill out "biodata" sheets, submit pictures - it's insane. My MIL wanted to submit one for dh after we'd been living together for a year. She said "We have to get you a girl!" he said "Mom - I've got a girl." She said "No! To MARRY!"

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                              Funny, I'd assumed the "Mc" was a reference to Grey's Ananomy. As in "McDreamy," "McSteamy," and "McPants." I figured you were keeping company with the other hunks.
                              And I thought it was just a reference to Scottish/Irish heritage...
                              Kris

Comment

Originally posted by Jane View Post
                                Originally Posted by NYCHoosier

If she's Guju and not opposed to being set up on a date, her parents really ought to be able to hook her up. There is an entire network for such things, parents fill out "biodata" sheets, submit pictures - it's insane. My MIL wanted to submit one for dh after we'd been living together for a year. She said "We have to get you a girl!" he said "Mom - I've got a girl." She said "No! To MARRY!"
                                I was being slightly TIC.

...but she has been set up by her parents/aunts (not formally with the biodata sheets yet, though). Still, the network is crazy. She just doesn't like any of them! lol.

That's awful about your MIL! That said, my friend's brother is engaged to a non-Indian Asian girl (Chinese, I believe), and while my friend's parents really like her, there was a bit of culture shock for both families at the engagement party.

Oy vey!
                                Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

Working...
                                X