Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

For Fun: I bet I'm the only...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post

...tied her own pearl strands (necklaces and bracelets). My DH's ex-step-mom had a jewelry business and needs someone to tie pearls.
    Nope! I've done this, FIL is a jeweler and I've tied many pearls.
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I've also never had my ears pierced. Never had a pedicure or manicure. Never smoked anything. I've never mowed a yard but that's only because I don't have a yard. I've gone a year without cutting my hair.

Originally posted by Michele View Post
      My kids' birthdays fall on the same day of the week each year...this year it will be a Monday....yep all three. If we have a fourth, I'm scheduling a c-section to keep the trend.
      My Mom, Dad, Sister, even my childhood dog, and I all had birthdays on the same day of the week each year!

I bet I'm the only one who...
      -is vegan
      -is ambidextrous
      -has yellowish green eyes
      -met my husband online and talked to him for 6 years before meeting him in person, then got engaged after one month of meeting.
      -does not like eating plain rice and that's all my Brazilian in-laws serve me (I only like it stir fries and stuff)
      -has never taken a vacation with my husband not visiting family other than one interview trip!
      Wife to Anesthesia PGY4

Comment

I was not proposed to -- I saw the little box, grabbed it and put the ring on before he could say a word.
        Veronica
        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

...can trace my ancestry to multiple Mayflower families.
          You and I might be related. I've started to scratch the surface of my grandmother's family tree and I can trace back 3 of her 4 grandparents to 1630s Boston and then back to England. I'm relying on other peeps' trees on Ancestry, but it's a start. Prior to this year, no one had ever seen a birth certificate for my great-grandmother and we discovered that she was born a month after her parents got married! Subsequently, her mother divorced her father, left her to be raised by her parents, and basically never came back for her, kind of sad. I haven't found any Mayflower ties just yet, but I know there's one there someplace!

And I remembered another one:
          ...who has had warrants out for her arrest in two separate municipalities (related to the theft of my identity 10 years ago). The only reason why I wasn't booked at the station was because my parents knew cops in both towns.
          Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

...has never been officially proposed to or had a wedding ring of my own. We were married with family heirlooms (mainly because we were ridiculously poor) and it was a mutually agreed upon discussion where we decided to get married. And I still tease DH about it.
            Same here. After two years we mutually decided to get married skipping a proposal. We didn't use family heirlooms for the wedding rings but we were also poor so he bought himself a silver ring and engraved it with my name. I bought a cheap white gold tourist ring and I don't wear it. I keep it in a box of sentiment since it keeps losing a small diamond. I still don't have a ring and I switch out different rings to wear but I don't always wear one. It used to be important to me but now I don't really care. It would be nice to have a "ring" some day but other things like a down payment on a house have taken priority.
            PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

I bet I am the only medspouse who:

...was on a TV show once a week for 3 years
              ...began playing piano at the age of 4
              ...became pregnant while earning my masters, and two days after giving birth returned to take a 3-hour stats final. It hurt to sit!
              ...was a single mom while attending a PhD program
              ...has never been to Mexico
              ...can burp louder than most men
              ...has never been drunk
              ...is fluent in ASL
              ...been to court 7 times over the past year (family court regarding stuff with DH's ex)
              ...met my DH on Match.com

I've also never smoked anything or tried any drugs, I can mow a lawn, and my nose is pierced.
              Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

I've never been to Mexico, either. Even when we lived in AZ.

I've considered learning ASL. Is it tough?

...was on a TV show once a week for 3 years
                Dear god, please let in be Ramblin' Rod...

Comment

Originally posted by weeniegeniewife View Post
                  ...can burp louder than most men
                  ...met my DH on Match.com
                  Me too! My DH rarely burps (?!?) and he is utterly astonished by mine. lol.

I smoked a lot, drank a lot, and did quite a few drugs. (marijuana and cocaine, nothing too outrageous.)

Comment

I've also never been to Mexico! Which is really funny seeing as though I travel internationally at least once a year.
                    I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

I've never been to Mexico, either. Even when we lived in AZ.

I've considered learning ASL. Is it tough?

Dear god, please let in be Ramblin' Rod...
                      Super Smile Winner, at your service! It was a sad day when Ramblin' passed on.

Actually, I was on Good Day Oregon every Tuesday, talking about various counseling topics: surviving the holidays, winter blues, sleep hygiene, etc. It was fun until I started getting letters from prison inmates.

I took 4 years of ASL in undergrad and loved it! Our teacher was deaf and non-verbal, and thus we learned the language quickly.
                      Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

This has to be one of the best threads of all time!

I was also not proposed too ...
                        Have never had a manicure ...
                        Regularly go more than a year without a haircut

I bet I am the only one here who:

• Had a frog hospital in the 4th grade along with a caterpillar and worm patrol on the streets after it rained. To this day I have trouble driving on roads after it rains when the toads/frogs are jumping about. I have been known to swerve around them and ... cry. I also pick up all toads/frogs that I see when my dh and I walk at night if they are in the road/on the sidewalk and take them to the grass. DH thinks I'm the toad whisperer. (I also have two fire-bellied toads in the house! ... )
                        • Is working on her MN state novice wild animal rehabber license
                        • Got stuck in the center of Belfast during the troubles with cars on fire and couldn't figure out how to get out. I could see and smell the smoke, was pregnant, and didn't know the roads well enough to navigate us the heck out of there. We did eventually get out, but it was a wild ride!
                        • Had my first two babies in two different foreign countries
                        • Survived a childhood stranger abduction. It has taken me my entire adult life to be able to 1. utter the words without taking them back or 2. care about making someone else uncomfortable by it. I have gone on in my life to find peace and happiness, but it is a big part of who I am today.
                        • Gotten busy with my husband on a train in Germany
                        • Has a turtle that just laid her eggs under a bush next to my pond/fountain in the front yard
                        • Takes my five children camping across the country in a teeny pop-up without my spouse every year
                        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by weeniegeniewife View Post
                          ...began playing piano at the age of 4
                          Me too! Mom's a music teacher...

Also, I've been warned to take my nametag off when we tour prisons, because prisoners see names and send us letters.
                          Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally posted by scarlett09 View Post
                            You and I might be related. I've started to scratch the surface of my grandmother's family tree and I can trace back 3 of her 4 grandparents to 1630s Boston and then back to England. I'm relying on other peeps' trees on Ancestry, but it's a start. Prior to this year, no one had ever seen a birth certificate for my great-grandmother and we discovered that she was born a month after her parents got married! Subsequently, her mother divorced her father, left her to be raised by her parents, and basically never came back for her, kind of sad. I haven't found any Mayflower ties just yet, but I know there's one there someplace!
                            I've got a Mayflower relative too! Yay, we're all related!
                            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I have also never mowed a lawn, but I haven't had a yard since I moved out of my parents' house 12 years ago.
                              I also made my prom dress. Day of.

I bet I'm the only one who...

- still has two of my baby teeth.
                              - dated a male underwear model.
                              - can recite the prologue to the Canterbury Tales in Middle English.

Comment

Originally posted by Selu View Post
                                I also made my prom dress. Day of.
                                Darn it!

Originally posted by Selu View Post
                                - can recite the prologue to the Canterbury Tales in Middle English.
                                I used to be able to do this, used to being the key word there.
                                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                                X