Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How to fend off nurse 'dawkter hunter'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finding Equanimity View Post
    Kinda hijacking the post (although I really like the side discussion on visiting DH at the hospital)-- Labmouse we are on the interview trail and I feel your pain about being the secretary, booking the trips, getting suits ready, etc. I'm ready for it to be over and we're on interview 8 of 15. Ugh, it's exciting but painful.
    This doesn't change after interviews, then it is fellowship interviews, licensing, etc. It never ends.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
      This doesn't change after interviews, then it is fellowship interviews, licensing, etc. It never ends.
      Agreed. It's never ending.

Part of the reason I REALLY hope to see a contract soon from the faculty position DH has been offered is because the program coordinator is an organizational goddess who takes care of probably 95% of the paperwork shit fest.

Seriously, to everyone interviewing -- a program's organization may sound trivial, but it makes all the difference in the world. Keep an eye out for both good and bad as it will give you an idea of how the program is run.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
        Agreed. It's never ending.

Part of the reason I REALLY hope to see a contract soon from the faculty position DH has been offered is because the program coordinator is an organizational goddess who takes care of probably 95% of the paperwork shit fest.

Seriously, to everyone interviewing -- a program's organization may sound trivial, but it makes all the difference in the world. Keep an eye out for both good and bad as it will give you an idea of how the program is run.
        So much word. Honestly, it is astonishing the amount of bs paperwork there is and I'm not even married to a doc anymore. I just babysit one at work. Gawd love him, but the boy cannot stay organized to save his soul if it involves much beyond patient care. That, he carries a farking encyclopedia around in his head.
        Kris

Comment

Yup, my Dawkter needs two intelligent, resourceful, hard-working women to keep his gig going with all the paperwork. Even then, we still drown sometimes!
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies View Post
            my husband has always been such a dick that i don't think anyone would bother with him. True story. I've heard bf, through the grape vine, "i wonder how dr _____ treats his wife...??"
            hahahahhaha!!!! So neurosurgery, too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
              Never a problem I had.

But then, I pole-dance and bake like Martha Stewart minus the pretentiousness.

So f**k you, tramp, if you think you could even compete.
              Literally LOLed!
              sigpic
              buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies View Post
                My husband has always been such a dick that I don't think anyone would bother with him. True story.
                Hmmm... My OB/GYN DH too! The other residents always ask how I deal with DH and say I must really keep him in his place at home. DH is always asking us to visit when he is on overnight call, and gets sulky when I say hell no! It's late and cold! But we still go to the hospital frequently if only to drop off some food.

Comment

I used to visit DH occasionally in residency. There was a lot of waiting around. We were dating then. In fellowship, we worked at the same hospital and would often meet for lunch. As an attending, Dh is too busy so we don't visit often unless DH forgot his pager or something. The kids are also not allowed in the NICU which makes it difficult to visit. I have been there lately to deliver girl scout cookies though.
                  Needs

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                    My take on the OP's story:

I'm more in favor of Kahlil Gibran's "The Prophet" where he says that two trees should grow near each other but not too close, for if they do, that one will wither in the shade of the other. That two columns can not hold up a building if they are side by side, that there must be space between.
                    My FAVORITE book!
                    -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

I'm more in favor of Kahlil Gibran's "The Prophet" where he says that two trees should grow near each other but not too close, for if they do, that one will wither in the shade of the other. That two columns can not hold up a building if they are side by side, that there must be space between.
                      I've never read it but it's going on the list! Great quote.
                      Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Hey - we used the same quote at our wedding too!
                        "Stand together, yet not too near together. For the pillars of the temple stand apart, and the oak and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow"
                        Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Though I haven't read that book in about ten years I remember I liked that book too. I especially like the part quoted.
                          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

We're enmeshed and tangled. It works for us.
                            -Ladybug

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug View Post
                              Lol. That's us too.
                              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug View Post
                                Ditto!
                                Tara
                                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Working...
                                X