Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Public rave thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks. That's what I was thinking but glad to have the reinforcement. He is a very hands on, "doing things" type person so he will definitely enjoy the clinical stuff. But ya gotta earn it first! So I guess I have a learning curve on how to support him. But I think just listening is a good place to start. And being patient - not getting upset because he is. Fun stuff.
    Wife of PGY-2 Gen Surg, gluten/dairy free cook and patron to a big black cat

Comment

• Originally posted by LynnAlicia View Post
      But I think just listening is a good place to start. And being patient - not getting upset because he is. Fun stuff.
      ^^^This

My DH responds to transition by getting really grumpy for a while. It happened at the beginning of MS, the beginning of clinical rotations, and it's happening again now at the beginning of residency (though we're starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel). It's so hard to deal when you see someone you care about being upset all the time (I have some anger issues toward the medical establishment at the moment), but it will make a huge difference for him.

It will get better (though I know that doesn't help that much at the moment.) It will get easier for him when he find a groove, meets some study buddies, and figured out how to intersperse fun into his studies (which is completely doable!)

Good luck to you guys!
      Wife of a PGY-1 podiatric surgery resident, mom to two cat babies with a human one on the way!

Comment

• E slept for 10 hours straight then another 2 in her swing after I nursed her. And hubby only got one late call, around midnight, which didn't require him going in!
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• Bought two great occasional chairs from a woman in our neighborhood for $20! I've been trying to find just the right chairs and these fit the bill perfectly.
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynnAlicia View Post
            This is kind of petty compared to all yours but a topic you definitely can help with. DrH is in his 2nd week of MS-1 and has been grumpy since school started. When I ask about why he's grumpy (like everyday) he complains about some aspect of school (usually semantics of some sort - boring lecturer, not knowing what is needed for class, website sucks - nothing crazy). Yesterday, he finally said "he's not having fun". I responded "You thought medical school would be fun?!" He said yes. Any thoughts?
            I've just learned that mine is super stressed out for about the first 6 months of any transition. And very type A. His loving / social side doesn't come out nearly as much. It's loads of fun to be around In a way I think a lot of what we have to deal with as spouses is gauging when their emotional ups and downs are serious or not. That could be said for all relationships though, I suppose. When husband and I were first together I took every change of wind to heart and now when he comes home grumpy I tell him to go play guitar.

Comment

• I won four blue ribbons and a rosette at the fair this weekend!
              Alison

Comment

• Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                I won four blue ribbons and a rosette at the fair this weekend!
                Awesome! Congrats!! In what categories?
                Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

• Thanks! All four were handspun yarn entries.
                  Alison

Comment

• That's awesome!!!! Congrats!!!
                    I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

• Wow, congratulations!!

Comment

• Very cool!!! Congratulations!!
                        Tara
                        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

• Thanks guys, I'm pretty proud!!
                          Alison

Comment

• Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                            Thanks guys, I'm pretty proud!!
                            You should be! Your spun yarns are amazing!
                            Sandy
                            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

• Yarns?! Oooo....photos?! I LOVE handspun yarn!
                              wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

• Originally posted by DrBandMe View Post
                                Yarns?! Oooo....photos?! I LOVE handspun yarn!
                                No photos yet of the winners with their ribbons though I'm sure I won't resist taking some when the skeins come back to me. But if you're on Ravelry I can point you to the entries for the yarns I submitted...PM me and I'll send you the deets.
                                Alison

Comment

Working...
                                X