Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Public Rant/vent thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
    And god forbid he answer his phone or use critical thinking to determine that maybe she needed to be up and ready.
    Their inability to do these things (because mine does the same thing - goes MIA via phone and doesn't think even a millisecond into the future when it counts) is enough to give me a rage stroke.

Hugs.
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

• Hubby thinks some of his flexeril is missing - only person who could have taken it is the cleaning ladies. Of course, he just THINKS he had more, no hard proof, so I don't want to go around making any accusations...
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• Big hugs LSW, seriously.

Comment

• Hugs, LSW!

It's 12:40am. I'm wide awake. My alarm will go off at 6am and I plan to drive at least 14 hours to get us home in one day. Irony — I was so tired and worn out around 8 that I almost went to bed early.
          Veronica
          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

• Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
            I have this ridiculously orchestrated plan to make sure my children have someone to watch them, we have food in the house, and I can get them places in time. I was driving home like a maniac from work to get N to swim lessons. My SIL is sick so my brother was watching the kids and I told him to have N ready to go.

I get home late with 5 min til class starts because work kept me late and find her sleeping and not remotely ready. Because DH came home early and sent my brother home. And god forbid he answer his phone or use critical thinking to determine that maybe she needed to be up and ready.

On the way home I was ranting to my mom about how I'm tired of orchestrating these ridiculous plans at work and at home. It's even better when DH undoes it in in one fell swoop.
            Story of my life.

Last weekend, we flew for a wedding and I packed the kids for a TEN DAY trip and hotel stay and of course packed and prepared myself to be in the home office while he flew back to go to work this week.

On the bus to get our rental car, he tells me he forgot a dress shirt. WTH is wrong with you. All you had to do was competently pack for ONE night with ONE activity. It's insane.
            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
              Story of my life.

Last weekend, we flew for a wedding and I packed the kids for a TEN DAY trip and hotel stay and of course packed and prepared myself to be in the home office while he flew back to go to work this week.

On the bus to get our rental car, he tells me he forgot a dress shirt. WTH is wrong with you. All you had to do was competently pack for ONE night with ONE activity. It's insane.
              I thought I was the only one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

• We've been switching our kitties from the crap food they were fed at the shelter to a better quality brand. Fuzzy Butt (a.k.a. Fiona, our medium-hair) has had some tummy troubles with the transition. We've slowed waaay down in switching over, but she still has really soft poo that sticks to her fuzzy rear end really bad. I have her cooped up in the guest bathroom until it resolves because I don't want her rubbing poop all over the house. She's been meowing mournfully all morning, and I feel like a terrible person.
                Wife of a PGY-1 podiatric surgery resident, mom to two cat babies with a human one on the way!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                  I thought I was the only one.
                  Nope. I'm hoping it's mostly residency...he's incredibly conscientious when he's well rested and he's great with the kids, his attention to detail is just HORRIBLE right now though. But perhaps it's because I usually handle the details and that "muscle" is weak.
                  Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                  Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• Didn't go away for us after training. I think it's the "weak muscle" theory...

Angie
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• On the upside he knew he was in deep doodoo and was very helpful the rest of the evening.

I don't truly wish for this, but sometimes I almost wish I was temporarily incapacitated just so he would understand the full extend of what I do. Even staying home with the kids only gave him a wee little taste.
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• I've been to 12 of my friends' weddings by myself since the dude and I have dated. For the first time in nearly four years, we were actually going to get to go to one together, and the idiot forgot to ask the day after the wedding off. And of course the wedding is out of town. Argh. This is why nobody thinks he exists.

And no, he can't switch due to the acgme's asinine "must have four days off in 28" policy.
                        I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

• I am done with my mother. I hate all of this drama.

She texted me last night wanting to set up a time this weekend where she and stepdad could talk to me and DH on the phone. I told her this afternoon was best. She said 330pm. I am obviously wondering what the hell this is all about. I made sure I got home in time and DH got up early from sleeping off his 8p-8a shift. She texted me 10 min before to say they were running late for some bday party and could we talk tomorrow. I texted her back, asking what this is all about, that DH got up early and pregnant people don't like drama. No reply. F her and her drama, I'm done.
                          Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

• I'm sorry

Comment

• This morning I got a call from the post office, informing me that my package had definitely been delivered last Thursday, and therefore had probably been stolen before I checked the mail Thursday afternoon.

The second I hung up, it rang again. DH telling me the guy he was riding with had been in an accident and could I come get his bike while he took the ambulance to the hospital with his buddy?

I don't usually get phone calls, and I really just don't want to pick up any more today.
                              Alison

Comment

• SIL and her family are moving next weekend and driving through to see us. I have no idea when they're getting here, but probably sometime on Sunday. I was invited to a baby shower that I'd really like to go to, but I'd rather see the ILs. I wish they would plan something so I'd know if I could do both. We haven't seen them in years, and they've never met E, and I have no idea when we'll be able to see them again. I don't understand driving across the country (literally, moving from Virginia to Washington) and not making plans at all.
                                Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Working...
                                X