Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Public Rant/vent thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today was just crappy. A is super contradictory, I'm really tired and unmotivated, I bought a moldy package of toilet paper, I'm frustrated with our house and lack of "my" space, and (icing on the cake) the dog pissed on the carpet in the girls' bedroom and is damn lucky she still has a home. I've also just been a generally miserable person to be around (although most is internal because I feel a need to project Stepford-esque perfection outside the house).
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

• Public Rant/vent thread

HoW - We replaced the garbage disposal when we moved in, upgrading a 1/3 HP to 1.3HP. We got a good deal at Costco and the new one ran us $80. We still have the 1/3 HP sitting on a shelf, waiting to be donated to someone who only uses their disposal infrequently.
      Last edited by scrub-jay; 08-05-2014, 07:17 PM.
      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

• This one is hard wired, which makes it more complicated.
        Kris

Comment

• Ahh, yes, trickier.
          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

• TP can get moldy??
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
              TP can get moldy??
              I have a bloodhound nose for mold. I didn't pinpoint it until we started driving home (it was under the cart and at the front) and by the time we got home, all my mucus membranes were burning and DH could smell mold on me. I'm assuming it was probably mold on the plastic packaging.
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

• HoW - kitchenaid if you can get it. Their dishwashers actually work. I wouldn't expect the garbage disposal to run you too much, even with the electrician.
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• I forgot this was public. Nevermind.
                  Last edited by WolfpackWife; 08-06-2014, 08:33 AM.
                  Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

• Moldy TP?! Whoa. Hope you are feeling better GRU!

Why yes, new boss who started on Mon, I would love to review your event matrices and ignore the crapton of work on my desk. And then meet to discuss said matrices, which will easily take up 1+ hour of my time.
                    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhoundsrus View Post
                      i've also just been a generally miserable person to be around (although most is internal because i feel a need to project stepford-esque perfection outside the house).
                      get out of my head!!!
                      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• Today at the VA I plan to say: Your poor prior planning does not mean I need to suffer through hours of obnoxious busy work.
                        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

• Today at the VA I plan to say: Your poor prior planning does not mean I need to suffer through hours of obnoxious busy work.
                          Bwahaha, does anyone NOT have an experience with the VA that would urge them to say this!?
                          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                            get out of my head!!!
                            DH has called me out numerous times lately on either having RBF or thinking not nice things (usually involving his alarm). We rearranged some furniture so I can use my time when our sitter is here for me vs errands. I hope the next few weeks are increasingly better (for everyone - it's been rough around here lately!)
                            Jen

Comment

• Us too. The transition to third year has not been kind.
                              Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                              Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• Swimming class cancelled due to rain. Road trip cancelled due to sick toddler (not mine). We were supposed to meet up with my BFF and her family mid-way between our cities (approx 4 hour drive for each of us). We do this about once every 2 years. But her 3yo was up all night with diarrhea. Apparently, her husband was sick for four days last week and now the kid has it. Her other child hasn't had it yet. Sounds like she still wants to meet up but I cannot imagine that a 4 hour road trip with a sick 3yo will be fun for her and I don't want to be driving back with sick kids myself. I've got two in diapers and the oldest starts school next week. I cannot have everyone sick.
                                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Working...
                                X