Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The Babywearing Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome! I think I'm going to try to sell my Ergo now that I have this beauty! I probably should pare down the rest of my "stash" as well....
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

• If you still have it around after October, let me know. If we don't get the one we registered for (I do kind of want the specific color/fabric), I'd be interested in buying yours. I get it if you want to get rid of it quickly, though!
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Got an Ergo for $40 used DH is actually showing interest in it...good sign
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Awesome! I love my Ergo!
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

• So DH has been doing awesome with the Ergo + infant insert and I really like it too. I'm having problems though with my K'tan. It is fine when I put it on but she seems to slip lower and lower (the back straps ride up my back), the longer I wear her. I definitely have the right size based on all my measurements on their website so I'm confused why it's getting pulled down so much - and I have the smallest size so I can't go any smaller. I center the back straps with their pull-down loop but within 30 minutes, it's riding up and she's slipped down my front. I wouldn't be surprised if this was happening if she were 30 lbs but she's like 8 lbs, I feel like it should reliably hold her!
            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• T&S I had similar problems with the Moby. Only DH could get it in right. We haven't used it in weeks and always use the Ergo now

Comment

• I also have that problem with the Moby! I live it in the first few weeks because it's so soft and snuggly for them, but they do soon start sagging. I'm loving my Ergo now, though.

Laurie
                Laurie

Comment

• I've never used nor seen a K'tan in person. Is it a long stretchy wrap like the Moby? If so, the stretchy wraps need to be tied pretty tight...I pre-tie them snug against my body without a baby, then stretch the rails to insert the baby. I don't tie a stretchy wrap with a baby in place. Even when pre-tied, I still sometimes have to tighten the wrap after the baby is in to make sure it's tight enough. It's really almost as tight as a swaddle.

That said, most people find that the stretchy wraps sag too much once baby hits about 12 pounds. Even tightly tied.

I'll look into the K'tan online some more to see if there are any tricks.
                  Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

• T&S - one of my friends has the K'Tan in extra-small, and while she's not large, she's larger than you! You may just be too petite

I
                    Jen
                    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

• Yeah, I'm thinking I'm too small for a K'tan. Sucks because I really like the Kangaroo position but it just slides on me. DH says it doesn't seem to have anything to "grip" on my back. Thinking about ordering a Moby...

Am I going to have the same problem though? We really don't want to pay for any more carriers I can't use. DH loves the Ergo and I like it too but I'd prefer something a little more wrappable/less structured.
                      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• E, if you don't care about the color, I have a nice ring sling that I should probably part with since S is almost 35 lbs. It is navy blue and there is some fading, but the portion that rides on your shoulder is nicely padded. It is a kissaluv, but they no longer make slings, just diapering items.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by HouseofWool; 02-05-2012, 09:06 AM.
                        Kris

Comment

• Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                          DH loves the Ergo and I like it too but I'd prefer something a little more wrappable/less structured.
                          Any particular reason? The Ergo is pretty snuggly with the infant insert in it! I also like the fact that the insert keeps her "swaddled" when I take her out - it usually buy me enough time to go to the bathroom or eat a quick bite of something (not that I don't do those things otherwise - but I need a few minutes of alone time!).
                          Jen
                          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

• I think unless you want to invest in a German woven wrap (and Michele can advise you on those) a good compromise might be a mei tai. You can get the waist straps as snug as you want to keep baby nice and high, then the top straps can even wrap around her back and under her bum for that extra swaddle-like layer of flexible security.
                            Alison

Comment

• Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                              Yeah, I'm thinking I'm too small for a K'tan. Sucks because I really like the Kangaroo position but it just slides on me. DH says it doesn't seem to have anything to "grip" on my back. Thinking about ordering a Moby...

Am I going to have the same problem though? We really don't want to pay for any more carriers I can't use. DH loves the Ergo and I like it too but I'd prefer something a little more wrappable/less structured.
                              I'm small (5'1) and the Moby worked fine for me. You can double wrap it around your waist if it's too long.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
                                Any particular reason? The Ergo is pretty snuggly with the infant insert in it!
                                I second the infant insert! It's not necessary, as ST pointed out, but I like how snug it makes DD feel. She fights being put in it, but as soon as she's up in the Ergo, she's happy as can be!

Laurie
                                Laurie

Comment

Working...
                                X