Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fitness/Weightloss 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've gained 10 pounds since I said F the calories. *sigh* No matter. I start CrossFit next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by BonBon View Post
      I've gained 10 pounds since I said F the calories. *sigh* No matter. I start CrossFit next week.
      I just gained 10 too. Maybe 11. It feels like its out of nowhere, but moving is such a major shake up in routine. It all hit in one week and im in a panic. I miss my gym, my grocery stores etc. Plus there were far too many goodbye and welcome dinners!! Must get my act together!!!!! I have to find a good workout here. So far they have all been far easier than what I'm used to. And no more eating out. Ever again!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post
        Been hopping on and off the wagon...but back on (for today anyway)...

Got the Jawbone bracelet and am very entertained tracking my sleep and movement...I love that you can set it to vibrate when you've been sedentary too long!

Plus -- while I already knew this, it's still fun -- when it comes to sleep, I am a Viking! My deep sleep time is 2-3x what DH's is an I apparently drop right into deep sleep!

Been hanging out at the same weight but I'm hopeful I can be a little more conscientious and start losing again! Right now I'm down 24lbs since Christmas, but I'd like to lose 28 more (in a perfect world)...
        Oh! I've been thinking about the jawbone thing. How is it working out?

I think I need a new iPhone first (I still have a 4, gasp! But I've been holding out for the 5s for like 8 months and I'm not ready to give up yet, lol. I'll be much thinner once they roll those out, ha!).

Comment

I've gained 10 pounds since I said F the calories. *sigh* No matter. I start CrossFit next week.
          Yeah, F-ing the calories for me means that I remain at the weight that is appropriate for my activity level...I'm pretty sedentary these days, so the spare tire is loud and proud. >.< I am hoping to get back into running once the kids start school, maybe even training up to a half marathon or other longer distance race. That always gets my setpoint down low and lean.

Crossfit is going to demand strength, and strength demands muscles, and muscles don't always register in the downward direction...but F it! Be strong!!!
          Alison

Comment

• Joined the gym last month. Actually started going yesterday. I love the place so far. So pretty and new on the inside! Today one of the trainers walked over and gave me a high-five. That made my day!
            Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
            "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

• I'm pretty sure the wagon ran me over...
              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
                Oh! I've been thinking about the jawbone thing. How is it working out?

I think I need a new iPhone first (I still have a 4, gasp! But I've been holding out for the 5s for like 8 months and I'm not ready to give up yet, lol. I'll be much thinner once they roll those out, ha!).
                I actually really like it...it definitely makes me much more conscious of when I'm sitting on my rear (especially since you can set it to vibrate after X minutes of inactivity, so it reminds you to get up/walk around). It also seems much more accurate than a pedometer.

You can also set it to wake you up during light sleep around the time of your alarm (so far, I prefer waking it up to vibration than the alarm). You can also sync it up to fitday, runkeeper and other apps to import and export info (although it's a little glitchy with fitday).

ETA you can get it pretty cheap used on amazon...we paid $57 for ours and they look new.

Comment

• I've been working on getting my weight down again. I've found it hard to jump on the proverbial wagon but I'm doing okay. I've only lost 5.5 pounds which feels like so little. It's been just under 2 weeks though so I keep telling myself that the goal is to shoot for 2 lbs/week and to be happy with that. I'm struggling with wanting to lose it all asap. lol. I still haven't started exercising yet. It's an excuse, but I've been so busy getting ready for the school year to start that I'm just exhausted. I think it will also be easier to work out when I've lost another 10 pounds or so. I hope I'm in this for the long haul, so one day at a time, I guess.
                  Kris
                  ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

• Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                    Yeah, F-ing the calories for me means that I remain at the weight that is appropriate for my activity level...I'm pretty sedentary these days, so the spare tire is loud and proud. >.< I am hoping to get back into running once the kids start school, maybe even training up to a half marathon or other longer distance race. That always gets my setpoint down low and lean.

Crossfit is going to demand strength, and strength demands muscles, and muscles don't always register in the downward direction...but F it! Be strong!!!
                    I haven't done anything I planned on this summer exercise-wise bc the husband has been working and it's all kids, kids, kids. I think my setpoint is pretty freaking high right now. I am so excited...I'm going to try to not even look at the scale and go by my clothes. I want LOTS of muscle! Buying 40lb sacks of kitty litter is difficult these days. Are you going to go back to your gym?

Comment

Are you going to go back to your gym?
                      Yes! Heaven help me, yes. >.< I'm far from eager but the membership must needs be used. I need to find a good weight routine I can just go, and do, and leave. The trick will be balancing gym time with running or other activity, when I only have 2-3 kid-free afternoons per week.
                      Alison

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post
                        I actually really like it...it definitely makes me much more conscious of when I'm sitting on my rear (especially since you can set it to vibrate after X minutes of inactivity, so it reminds you to get up/walk around). It also seems much more accurate than a pedometer.

You can also set it to wake you up during light sleep around the time of your alarm (so far, I prefer waking it up to vibration than the alarm). You can also sync it up to fitday, runkeeper and other apps to import and export info (although it's a little glitchy with fitday).

ETA you can get it pretty cheap used on amazon...we paid $57 for ours and they look new.
                        Oh yes, I need one

Comment

• Our kids start back to school next week. When they do, I'm planning some type of mini cleanse to kick off some better eating habits. Either a juicing thing for a few days or a no wheat/no sugar thing. Something.

I've done well on exercise throughout the summer but my eating habits have strayed. Strayed to deliciousness.

Anyone interested in doing something for three-five days starting Monday for eating habits?
                          Angie
                          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• I just started a juice cleanse today. Three days.... One juice in, seems fine so far. Ha!

Comment

• I lifted for the first time yesterday after months of not working out. I've never hurt myself before, but last night and today my elbows are killing me. Especially my left elbow. damnit
                              Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                              "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

• 3x/week in Crossfit. I realized how out of shape I really am even though I workout regularly.
                                Needs

Comment

Working...
                                X