Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Accountability group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love that the HR screen tells me when my phone is ringing, because I frequently have my phone buried so deep in my purse that I don't hear it when it rings. But, I hate that it doesn't track steps when I'm carrying the boys around on my hip or pushing a stroller/shopping cart.

Comment

• I've wondered if it tracks when my hands are in my pockets. It's one thing to walk outside in winter. It's another to do so with arms swinging!

Originally posted by OrionGrad View Post
      I love that the HR screen tells me when my phone is ringing, because I frequently have my phone buried so deep in my purse that I don't hear it when it rings. But, I hate that it doesn't track steps when I'm carrying the boys around on my hip or pushing a stroller/shopping cart.

Comment

• You can do it, Kris! I love the elliptical. Definitely go with that when it's too cold out.
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

• You can do it Kris!!
          Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

• Kris, does it help you to add extra accountability, like regular encouragement here, or a texting buddy? Or does that just get to feel like a guilt trip?

Alison

Comment

• Okay, for the Fitbitters, it seems we've come to a tough place! With too many people for one challenge, we need to figure out how to keep sucking people in with us but get around this limit. I was thinking we could start a Group. It could be private, or public-with-link-only. It would keep a running leaderboard, so we could compare ourselves weekly or monthly on distance or steps or active minutes. Whaddya think?

I think I will start it and make it private and we can go from there. Still not sure how we should split up for this week's challenge though...people who are working on making their daily 10k steps, and people who expect to average above 10k, in separate challenges maybe?
              Alison

Comment

• Bah, I can only add people by address, so I can't even get everyone who's on my friends list...let me see how to figure this out. Maybe we make it public to start with, so people can add themselves? Then we can shut it down so that we have some privacy and it doesn't show up on profiles and stuff? Here it is. https://www.fitbit.com/group/22FXLQ
                Alison

Comment

• Okay, mine isn't charging so Fitbit is processing a replacement. I can bow out this week if that helps! I definitely want to do this, though!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm not sure [MENTION=985]spotty_dog[/MENTION]. I'm still sorting myself. I do need some encouragement. Since starting Nutrisystem, I'm on the verge of tears regularly. I literally felt a happiness high with my dessert cheat last night.

I'm not even sticking with the true restrictions. I'm adding a lot of healthy fruit and extra veggies. My mood is way down though. It's perplexing. I don't know if it's the diet or stress or both. Thing is, I have to cut back to lose weight.

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

• Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                      I'm not sure [MENTION=985]spotty_dog[/MENTION]. I'm still sorting myself. I do need some encouragement. Since starting Nutrisystem, I'm on the verge of tears regularly. I literally felt a happiness high with my dessert cheat last night.

I'm not even sticking with the true restrictions. I'm adding a lot of healthy fruit and extra veggies. My mood is way down though. It's perplexing. I don't know if it's the diet or stress or both. Thing is, I have to cut back to lose weight.

Kris
                      I understand. This kind of an undertaking is naturally going to be emotionally fraught. Be kind to yourself, and process all of this however you need to. And, accept that you are an individual? Your journey isn't going to look like anyone else's. I'm now a few chapters in to Better than Before, and she has a lot of observations about how personality traits lead people to handle change differently. For example, people who need a "cheat day" vs. people who need to go cold turkey. People who need to work into the new habit incrementally, and those who need to dive in and just overhaul everything at once. Stuff like that.

We're here for you, and no judgment! Take it one day at a time!
                      Alison

Comment

• Thanks so much. Starting out is hard. I'm trying to manage my expectations, be kind to myself, and also try to live myself how I am regardless of my size. But that's hard. I need to make changed for my health.

Congrats to everyone working so hard. You're awesome!

Kris

Comment

• cool, I got it to work and joined the Fitbit grouo

Comment

• [MENTION=816]PrincessFiona[/MENTION] - this last time 10 days ago when I started my food restriction/calorie counting I was literally depressed, felt ill and on the verge of tears a lot. On day two I broke down in tears in the kitchen trying to figure out what to make for dinner. It's like I was going through food detox. I was miserable. Good news is that by day 4/5 I was feeling a lot better and it's stayed that way. I do cheat a little here and there but I workout everyday and don't add those calories back so I feel ok about it. Another thing I do is I don't weigh myself but once a week. Hang in there and don't give up. If you can get started on the elliptical or walking it helps elevate your mood and you feel better. Also, since I'm eating less the food I eat tastes better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

• [MENTION=816]PrincessFiona[/MENTION] I'm in the same boat. Started Weight Watchers a week ago, and I'm doing fine with the restrictions, but my anxiety is over the top. I'm having panic attacks, which have only started for me in the last year, and they scare the crap out of me. I'm attributing them to empty nest/perimenopause, but adding in the dieting seems to really make me a mess emotionally. I say this because I calmed down immediately when my DH insisted I drink a glass of wine and have a plain burger the other night. I'm going to end up seeing someone for anxiety meds, I guess. Who knew trying to "get healthy" with my diet would mess me up so much? Trying to see the humor in it....but you are not alone.
                              Angie
                              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• Thanks Angie. Your words are comforting to me. I'm sorry you're dealing with this too. It is really ironic that this effort at self-care is such an emotional challenge. :/

(((HUGS)))

Kris

Comment

Working...
                                X