Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The official public confession thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I left my final project for my current class until WAY too late. I have a day to finish and a week of work. I've never done this before! Even now I'm having trouble buckling down!
    Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

There's a blood donation van at the grocery store. I don't want to give because I don't want to get on their calling list again.
      Last edited by ladymoreta; 08-11-2014, 09:56 AM.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I recently downloaded 3 Bingo apps on my iPad. I am addicted.

Comment

I love LOVE love the show "Rich Kids of Beverly Hills". It's the absolute most worthless trash show. Literally no redeeming value except that it's hilarious.
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I just bought a learn to yodel CD. I'm super excited.
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
              I just bought a learn to yodel CD. I'm super excited.
              Omg a video must be in order

Comment

Bought some maternity pants this weekend. I feel a bit silky wearing them so early, but ahh. It's so nice to be able to breathe again! Belly bands were not cutting it!
                Wife of a PGY-1 podiatric surgery resident, mom to two cat babies with a human one on the way!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyFoot View Post
                  Bought some maternity pants this weekend. I feel a bit silky wearing them so early, but ahh. It's so nice to be able to breathe again! Belly bands were not cutting it!
                  I have discovered Old Navy's (non-maternity) fold-over yoga leggings, and long, butt(and elastic waistband!)-covering maternity camisoles. Heaven. As soon as I walk in the door, the regular pants come off and the leggings go on! I'm still totally annoyed at my in-between size because all pants, whether regular ones with a belly band, or maternity pants, are constantly sliding down and I have to pull them up all the time! I have a fairly round butt, I've never had this problem before! I feel like I need to wear suspenders under my clothes. Lol.
                  Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Hahaha oh man, you guys. Listen to the fantasy land I just found myself drifting off into. Last night when we were on the phone talking, I said to DH "wow, it's weird to be long distance again isn't it?" referring, of course, to the 2 years of long distance we did in college during jr/sr year. He agreed, and that was that. So I started thinking about our long distance college relationship and weekend visits and blah blah, etc. Then I remembered how often he used to send me flowers, for no reason. Such a sweetie! So THEN I thought "oh my god, this is the perfect time for him to actually think of sending me flowers again!!" Within a few minutes I'd convinced myself that he would definitely think to do this because - duh! - it's thoughtful, non-medical-student husband behavior and he should be thinking of me more since I'm not around and after he leaves the clinic he's bored and lonely with only his books to keep me company. Plus he knows how miserable I've been with work stuff and lonely on top of it - it's just not a great time all around and weirdly, him being gone is the least of my worries.

Reality check: let's be real. He's not sending me flowers. Those flowers are NEVER showing up. Because he doesn't think that way (anymore?). I had to chuckle because I'd actually gotten excited like this was something I just *knew* he'd think of doing! HAHAAAAAAA
                    Last edited by WolfpackWife; 08-14-2014, 09:49 AM.
                    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by WolfpackWife View Post
                      Reality check: let's be real. He's not sending me flowers. Those flowers are NEVER showing up. Because he doesn't think that way (anymore?). I had to chuckle because I'd actually gotten excited like this was something I just *knew* he'd think of doing! HAHAAAAAAA
                      You could remind him you liked getting flowers and it meant a lot to you. They forget.
                      Wife of PGY-2 Gen Surg, gluten/dairy free cook and patron to a big black cat

Comment

• True, but you know what? Somewhere in our 6 post-college years those reminders just stopped taking. It is what it is. I just had a laugh over it.
                        Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

• I am developing a scary $5 triple latte habit, and I've got to stop. I hate hate hate coming to work and the doom and gloom that exists here that I need the caffeine kick in the morning just to motivate myself to enter the office with our chair without crying.

Then by around 1:30 I want another, but most days I skip it. When I do double up, I've taken to buying my first on the way to work with either cash or our debit card...and the second has been going on my credit card where DH can't see.

sigpic

Comment

• I'm sorry you are so miserable at work now - and I know very well the comfort of the Starbucks run. Usually, the habit wanes when the situation improves. I've always been an advocate of little pleasures/expenses to maintain sanity. In the long run, it's cheaper than losing it.

Angie
                            Angie
                            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• DH was a particular ass yesterday and implied something along the lines of "what do you do all day." I'm now bombarding him with pics of what I've been doing and letting him know I'll keep him up to date on my progress. Just sent him a pic of me changing the linen with a crying baby in the background. I'm sooooo immature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Haha, I know DH will never ask that after doing his 6 weeks of time with the kids! Perhaps you need to go away for a few days when he is off next?
                                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
                                X